Monday, March 27, 2006

Bethel

I have been working on some more Bible story songs. Someone suggested to me the story of Elisha and the two bears. Now, this is surely going to be better than Goldilocks and the three bears...

Here it is;

Bethel
I hate to be the bearer of bad news
To bear the news that bad news comes in twos
Two bad news bears are giving you the blues
Bethel
The boys were out engaging in their play
Now forty-two of them have gone away
Your sons are dead, your calf is here to stay
Bethel
The mocking of a godly man is learned
Your golden idol wins, but you get burned
Consider this the wages you have earned
Bethel
If boys are being boys it's so extreme
If not, then give a thought what this could mean
When idols paint the color of their dreams
Then boys will be boys will be boys will be...
Lunch

6 comments:

Tracy said...

I've bookmarked this. Interestingly it was only last night that I got round to listening to Ascending. I just blogged my thoughts on Psalm 126 and 'shouts of joy' - great stuff, thanks.
You might find it necessary to add 'word verification' for comments, I ended up getting all kinds of 'junk' posts but this little tool put a stop to it.

Jody said...

Ditto to Dor's comment and thanks for the link Uncle Jamie. :D

Valerie (Kyriosity) said...

Another suggestion: change the time stamp on the comments to show the date as well as the time.

oldfatslow said...

This is far too dangerous. I lent my priest one of your CDs. He said he almost wrecked his car on "sent to jail/Jael". If you don't start printing warning labels on the jewel case, you may start facing law suits. (BTW, he says he'll be ordering more of your work and has already passed the CD on to the woman heading children's Sunday School. Look for another order from Melbourne.)

ofs

Valerie (Kyriosity) said...

Another suggestion: send me a hundred bucks.

(Hey, the first suggestion worked...can't blame a girl for trying!)

Jamie Soles said...

What, are you organizing a concert for me or something?